Monitoring and collecting data for soil moisture, temperature, humidity and sunlight intensity across multiple fields will improve efficiency of water usage and crop yield of large and local farms. As the world population increases, farming and food production will have to increase with it. Low cost sensors, data analytics and IoT platforms will enable this increase in efficiency and production. Here are some benefits of implementing our smart agriculture solution:
- Increased quality of production - analyzing the quality of the production in relation to treatment can let farmers on how to adjust processes.
- Lowering overall operating costs - automating processes in planting, treatment and harvesting can reduce resource consumption and overall cost.
- Increased production with reduced environmental footprint - optimizing crop treatment such as accurate watering, pesticide application and harvesting directly increases production rates while lowering the environmental footprint.
- Improved livestock health - detect reproduction and health events earlier in animals. Location tracking can improve livestock monitoring and management.
- Water conservation - soil moisture sensors and weather predictions allow for water use only when and where needed.